Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blog Journal #6

My PowerPoint 1 assignment shows the correct use of spelling and grammar. The content in my slides include text, graphics, and animations. The explanations are clear and accurate. The speaker notes are essential for the complete presentation of the material. The screen design follows all of the guidelines. All of the colors and fonts are appealing and consistent. The development of my presentation is very organized. There is a title, content, and conclusion. The presentation is complete.




A way in which I might integrate peripherals and non-computer audio-visual technologies in my classroom would be if I asked my students to use a video camera or other recording device to record themselves acting out a major historical event. The groups of students would have to make sure that they are dressing, speaking, and acting appropriately in order to demonstrate, to the best of their ability, the historical event. A way in which I would use peripherals with computer-based technologies is if I asked my students to bring in their videos so that they can edit them. I could teach them, with a simple editing software such as Windows Movie Maker, how to add text, rearrange scenes, and add credits to their videos.

New skills that I have acquired in the last week that I think will be especially helpful to me in my educational career are how to use Inspiration and how to add some fun elements to my PowerPoint presentations. I will definitely find Inspiration helpful in my educational career because the software helps organize information into a concept map or chart. I feel that students learn best when ideas are presented to them in an organized manner and Inspiration will help me to do that. Adding fun elements to my PowerPoint presentations such as animations will help me in my educational career by drawing in the students' attention. I feel that with fun elements, the students will more likely pay attention to the lesson and will remember the lesson better. I think that these new skills that I have learned will help me be a better and more effective teacher.

6 comments:

  1. Your power point sounds like it is great definition of a good effective power point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your powerpoint looks very interesting and useful for a history classroom. I agree that Inspiration was a great tool that we learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of using video cameras and having your students record themselves. It seems like a great way to engage the students in what your teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that adding powerpoints to lesson plans will help the students pay more attention during class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of integrating a video project. I loved projects like these in high school. :D

    ReplyDelete