I can adopt WebQuest in my project by creating a WebQuest for my 6th grade Language Arts class that incorporates the theme of speech. I think that WebQuest will be beneficial to the students because the assignment will help them learn and synthesize their knowledge on a specific topic. I think WebQuest will get them involved because it is designed to let students learn in an abstract and creative way.
A good example of a WebQuest I found is called a Travel Quest. In this specific WebQuest, students are told that they are about to embark on an exotic vacation to a destination of their choice. The students will organize an itinerary of their trip, taking into consideration weather and different tourist attractions. The students will be required to keep a journal for each day of their trip. The goal of the WebQuest is to enhance the class's appreciation of different geographical areas and culture. I think this is a good example because it is exciting and I really think that it will get the students active and engaged in learning.
New skills that I have acquried in the past week that I think will be especially useful to me in my educational career are how to use excel for calculations and how to use excel as a gradebook. I learned that excel makes calculations so much easier and more efficient. As a teacher, I can definitely use Excel because it serves as a great way to calculate grades. With just one formula, student letter grades can be calculated. I will definitely use Excel in my educational career because of its efficiency.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment